We love this Fabric! With the Highest Radio Frequency Blocking Power, it's elegant, creating a beautiful, sensuous sleeping space that's protected from invisible EMF.
This Swiss Shield Naturell fabric is designed for the needs of chemically sensitive and electromagnetic hypersensitive people. This lustrous canopy is actually the most compatible with an electromagnetic hypersensitive (EHS) and or multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS) person.
It's made of 100% natural cotton spun with 18% copper/silver combination.
Electromagnetic Sensitivity Syndrome is on the rise- but many aren't aware that they actually have it, so we think it's really under reported. d If you're experiencing symptoms such as headaches, depression, anxiety, heart palpitations, insomnia, memory loss to name just a few could be due to Electromagnetic Sensitivity Syndrome.
Most people confirm the condition by seeing how they feel sans EMF,-which includes RF(radio frequency) or wireless energy, magnetic energy, AC electrical fields and electro-smog.When it comes to your bedroom- Electric Fields are what we worry about most, coming from the electrical wiring in your home.
But it's always a nice idea to sleep in an EMF radiation free environment!
We've got a great Electromagnetic Sensitivity Syndrome Free Guide to the acronyms and living well with wireless.
In the field of EMF protection. Swiss Shield Naturell is the finest, breathable, protective voile that has many attributes found by thousands worldwide to offer the protection they need both in their homes and out and about.
- Effective Shielding against Electromagnetic Radiation
- Premium Sheer 100% natural cotton fabric
- Unmatched shielding characteristics
OEKO-Tex Certified as a skin friendly textile and free from harmful substances
- Conductive threads are insulated so no exposed metal, no flaking and no need for grounding
- Canopy has 3 convenient overlapped openings (right, left and foot of bed) for easy entry and easy exit
- Used for shielding sleeping areas, or areas of similar size, from high frequency electromagnetic waves (microwaves)
- May relieve symptoms of electromagnetic hypersensitivity (EHS)
- Shielding Effectiveness 99.99% or 40 dB at 1000 MHz and 99% effective up to 10 GHz
- Fabric is designed and manufactured in Switzerland
- Effective shielding for cell towers, cordless phones, security systems, wireless computer gear and more
- Sheer fabric, easy to work with
- Easy care – Washable, with no loss in protection
- All Swiss Shield fabrics reflect high frequency electromagnetic waves and are not externally conductive, therefore no need for grounding, with the exception of Naturell Ultra
- All Swiss Shield fabrics are made with an insulated metallic thread which allows the fabric to be washed without loss of shielding, with the exception of Naturell Ultra
- A non-conductive fabric ensures there is no exposed metal which can rub off or become airborne and cause irritation or health effects
Recent EMF Research has found that caution(really some common sense) needs to exercised with some shielding, here's what the study says about EMF canopies:
For Safety and No EMF Radiation- Please No Wireless Or Electronics INSIDE the Canopy!
The use of a shielding bed canopy during sleep would - theoretically- be safer than permanent shielding of the house on the condition that any electric/electronic device should be out of the canopy (and better turned off) during sleep.
Shielding Canopy Tips:
The best and most effective thing to do to make your bedroom safe is to FIRST shut off all EMF sources in your home.
When the Swiss Shield® fabric is installed, its location, quantity and proper installation should be determined by a trained EMF specialist or EMF consultant. This fabric will reflect Radio Frequency Radiation and improper installation can result in increased exposure. Please review our list of EMF Home consultants for a professional who can perform and EMF assessment and help you install the canopy.
In order to ensure optimum screening performance, the specialist or consultant should assess the living space for Radio Frequency “RF” Radiation and AC Electric Fields. Before and after measurements are important to determine the overall effectiveness of the shield. If a specialist is not available in your area, we recommend using an RF meter and an electrical meter. Visit our Meter Section to find both.
We do not recommend grounding the fabric because it is not externally conductive. Swiss Shield lists it as Non-conductive with PES-coating.
Please do not use of electronic or electrical devices near or under the fabric. You're exposure can and will increase!
Swiss Shield® fabric is not fire retardant. Use with caution and at your own risk and do not use outdoors
THIS CANOPY PURCHASE INCLUDES:
Bed Canopy: Qty=1
The installation photos are a guide to the other elements you will need to create the Canopy
Please note, This Canopy is NOT RETURNABLE
SwissShield Naturell Fabric
Ceiling mountable: Requires Qty = 3, 7 to 8 foot hardwood dowels, mounting hardware and string for suspension to ceiling (Can be picked up at a local hardware store or a drapery outlet)
A floor shield is recommended if living space exists below the canopy
Ensure all openings are closed upon entry
For best results de-energize all circuits in the ceilings, walls and floors of the sleeping area
Verify with an AC electric field meter or body voltage meter
Installation Guide: https://www.slt.co/Downloads/Shared/SwissShieldCanopyInstallationV4b.pdf
Single Bed - 81”L x 45”W x 90”H ; (206L x 114W x 229H)cm
Double Bed - 81”L x 62”W x 90”H (206L x 157W x 229H)cm
Queen Bed - 86”L x 70”W x 90”H (218L x 177W x 229H)cm
King Bed - 92”L x 90”W x 90”H (234L x 228W x 229H)cm
California King Bed - 92”L x 82”W x 90”H (234L x 208W x 229H)cm
Custom ; - Call
Sheer, Slightly Off White
Washable, colourfast (colorfast), antistatic
Hand wash in cold water, hang to dry
82% cotton, 18% copper/silver
MIL-STD 285, NSA 65-6, Öko-Tex Standard 100+1000
99.99% or 40 dB at 1000 MHz
Washing and Drying Care
Machine Wash - Gentle Cycle - Cold Water
Iron Without Steam @ 1 Degree
No Chemical Dry Cleaning
Hang To Dry
Do Not Tumble Dry