1. Enable cookies
3. In Item 1, at the end of the paragraph: Click "Opt Out"
4. You'll be taken to another screen. After confirming you're not a robot, Click
5. Enter your name in search box
6. Find your correct name and birthday
7. Click red 'opt out' button
8. If you see this screen- SUCCESS!
9. Check back in 48 hours to repeat the search and confirm you correctly opted out.
Disconnecting from our Connected World
It seems purposefully tricky to opt out, possibly because opting out would mean that the website couldn't sell your details to marketers and third-party advertisers. It will say that it will take up to 48 hours for your profile to disappear, but it will probably be a lot quicker than that. You can also email them, but we don’t recommend it, as this site has bee inundated with angry citizens concerned with privacy.
Digital Privacy gets more complicated
Some people say that Googling yourself only makes it worse, by creating aggregate datapoint pathways to further confirm you, in fact, are YOU. It acts sort of like SEO or Search Engine Optimization for your identity. We say–do a privacy check-up twice a year and opt out of everything you can.
Stay safe and mindful in our wireless world. And here's one more way to make sure you do: Check out CreepBlockers!