Balance With Technology Top 10 tips
Tyler Perry said, Don't let that phone in your pocket seep into your heart. Preach!
Top 10 steps to Health and Wellness in this technology-filled wireless world
1. Turn WiFi on ONLY WHEN you absolutely need it. Try it and you'll discover you'll be more mindful of when you really need to access the Internet.
2. Keep your phone and digital devices out of the bedroom- I use a simple old-fashioned battery alarm clock--with an optional light so I can sleep in total darkness for optimal melatonin production(and connection with my handsome husband!)
3. Keep the TV out of your bedroom too. That same blue light and distraction don't just come from computers, phones, and tablets, it comes from the television too. Or try Orange glasses to block blue light too!
4. Drop devices from your exercise routine OR if you love to exercise to sounds, turn your device on airplane mode and just listen to downloads
5. No device dinners. No device dates. These are so romantic and so fulfilling. Try it--park your phones or devices in a basket and let the conversation begin. And the distractions melt away.
6. Pen to Paper. This is so fun. Good for your brain, your focus, and your handwriting skills. Keep a pad handy in your bag or pocket and instead of whipping out your phone during class, seminars, church or meetings, take notes on paper. And you'll get better recall-experts say we remember things we write, more readily than we type. Try this with even simple things like your shopping lists.
7. 15 minutes of mindfulness per day without a phone or computer within eye-shot or earshot. Deep Breaths in, deep exhale out. Again... ahhhhhhh. Your brain will thank you. You'll be more focused and relaxed.
8. Set a Social Media schedule. If you need Tweet, or FB, chat or Insta daily, then set a time and stick to it. After lunch for 15 minutes . . . and then, here's the hard part, That's it. Feeling even more powerful? Try getting to a bi-weekly schedule. I can't believe I'm down to a weekly visit to FB. I allow an hour a week to stay in touch. Which gives me more time every day to actually enjoy this gorgeous world and the fabulous people and things in it.
9. Every day--no matter where you are in this big universe, take 5 minutes to feel your feet on the ground. Phone off or on airplane. Grounding is a now trending centering practice, but doing it whilst on your phone defeats the purpose.
We hope these sweet and simple tips gave you some good reasons to live a tech healthy lifestyle. Not too hard, is it? Don't worry, we got your back.
Stay safe. Stay lovely,
XO Tech Wellness Tribe