Top Tech Wellness Products1. Best Air Tube Headphones for EMF Protection in 2023 • Earbuds with Incredible Sound 2. Cat 8 EMF Protection Ethernet Cable. Hardwire For Fastest Internet Speed 3. Grounded Lightning to Ethernet Adapter for iPhone. Use iPhone Online with NO EMF! 4. Super Power EMF Detector! All NEW Safe Sound II EMF Meter 5. The Hard Wire KIT! Turn Off WiFi and wire up your internet. Connect All Devices To The Internet--Phones laptops, tablets All EMF-Free! 6. What is Blue Light? Save On The New Tech Wellness Blue Light Blocking Bundle! Three Glasses To Cover All Kinds Of Blue Light 7. The Secret Keeper Password Log Tops Our Best Gift List. Privacy Is Beautiful. 8. De-Stress Dough. Relax And Play. Digital Detox Therapy in A Jar For Mind, Body and Soul 9. The All Device Charging Cord- USB-C • Lightning • Micro USB All In One! 10. Charging Station. A Place to Charge Your Phone •Beautiful, Organized and Safe 11. Screen Cleansing Wipes. Our Fav New Screen Wipes! Clean Glasses, Laptops, Phones and Tablets- 12. Cable and Cord Tamers in Soft Stretchy Silicone 13. Jet Black Pack: Anti-EMF Headphones, Phone Stand, Stylus & Adapter 14. Big Folding Desk For Computer Time That Keeps Your Hands, Neck And Eyes Comfy On Your Computer And Ships FREE! 15. The Sticky Screen Cleaner Cover Your Camera or stick to your computer- 16. Vintage Text Message Analog Greeting Card 17. The Birthday Wish That Shows You Really Care. I Remembered Your Birthday Without Social Media 18. Our Favorite Analog Greeting Cards. You're My Favorite Person To Text- 72 Times A Day! 19. KIDS CREATIVITY PACK• Non-Toxic Colorful Crayons And Creative Coloring and Offline Activity Books 20. A to Z Easy EMF Detox! Clear Your Home Of EMF Step By Step- Ruan Living’s Workbook and Checklists
Apple Watch EMF Radiation Protection And Safety and EMF Sensitivity Syndrome
Nobody Is Talking About the EMF Radiation Coming From Your Apple Watch. Is it Safe?
But it's so small! How can that be a problem? Apple says that the transmitters in the Apple Watch are smaller than an iPhone, but we've shown that the radiation is significant--you can see for yourself in the demonstration videos below.
Your Apple Watch Exposes You To EMF Radiation From Cellular, WiFi and Bluetooth. Just Like Your Smartphone.
It's especially significant when you consider that most people wear their watches pretty much ALL THE TIME. So that day after day, week after week, year after year, your body is being exposed to radiation that has been proven to have biological effects. And like sun exposure, EMF exposure is cumulative. So some scientists think that Apple Watch exposure over time may be worse than a phone.
So yeah. If you're a dedicated Apple Watch wearer, let that settle in for a second.
Does that mean that the radiation is hurting people? We have had a number of reports from people who have linked wearing their watch to trouble sleeping, headaches and anxiety.
Yes Apple Watches Are Extraordinary. They are Fitness Tracker, Heart Rate Monitor And They Connect To The Apple Health App. But Even Some Apple Users Say The Watch Does Not Make Them Feel Good.
Look on Apple's own user forums, you'll see people complaining of migraines, nausea and ringing in the ears. And this is really interesting; if you Google "Apple Watch Causes" look what autofills to show you what others have searched for:
- Apple Watch Causes Rash
- Apple Watch Causes Cancer
- Apple Watch Causes Anxiety
- Apple Watch Causes Burns
- Apple Watch Causes Arm Pain
- Apple Watch Causes Wrist Pain
- Apple Watch Causes Tingle
- Apple Watch Causes Stress
- Apple Watch Causes Debilitating Migraines
Many of these Symptoms Are A Sign Of EMF Sensitivity Syndrome
When you have a collection of symptoms that are brought on by a wireless item, it's called EMF Sensitivity Syndrome. The condition was first called Screen Dermatitis when a research paper by world renowned Professor Olle Johansson came out it 1994. You can find the research here.
Take a listen to my podcast with Olle. He's really interesting and he's the man who knows what's happening when it comes to what EMF wireless radiation can do to us and our environment.
Robert, my friend below, noticed he was had symptoms of EMF Sensitivity Syndrome from his Fitbit. Watch our the video below. A couple of weeks after this, he took off his Fitbit and stopped experiencing the physical anxiety that he was feeling.
The main thing is, that since this was first discovered 30 years ago, EMF radiation exposure has increased- wildly for all of us. I have EMF Sensitivity Syndrome and when I was first diagnosed, it was estimated that between 1% and 3% of the population had it. Now the estimates have grown to between 7 and 10%. That's because just like a lot of allergies or sensitivities, the more exposure you have to the allergen or the thing you're sensitive to, the more your body starts to let you know.
My recommendation is if you have any of these symptoms, try avoiding any and all wireless devices for a few days and see if you feel better.
Avoiding wireless isn't so easy these days. The most important thing you can do, is know where the wireless is! Here's a video that shows why I keep a meter handy.
When you think about it, it's amazing that it's been estimated that Apple has sold over 100 million watches, in recent years, more than every other manufacturer combined.
Check your Apple Watch and see the radiation for yourself with this NEW PRO METER!!
USE CODE: METER1 for a $25 Discount
All these symptoms are similar to what people report when exposed to all different kinds of EMFs. You can read more about it in our big Tech Wellness EMF Protection Guide. Recently, U.S. State Department employees have reported very similar, but much, much worse symptoms that have been dubbed "Havana Syndrome" after they have been exposed to what is believed to be a "Directed Energy Weapon"--and those weapons are firing microwave energy--EMFs.
The really good news is, as we've been saying for years, distance is your friend when it comes to EMFs. So you can always keep the source of the EMF far enough away from you to minimize the impact to your beautiful body. After you see the video demonstration below, you may want to slip that watch off!
See How Much EMF Radiation An Apple Watch Emits And How Far You Should Be Away From It
In this demonstration, we show the EMF from a friend's Apple Watch and compare it to radiation coming from the iPhone.
The ONLY Way to know EMF radiation is there- that it's happening, that the invisible waves are in fact touching your body, is with an EMF meter. This one the absolute finest- Calibrated, Certified- and if you ask me, worth the price because it does it all. See The Amount of EMF Radiation AND Colored Lights from Green to Red- letting you know if you're getting a Slight To Extreme amount of radiation.
Why aren't Apple Watches Safe?
Since I'm especially sensitive to wireless radiation, I have always recommended keeping cellphones out of your hands and pockets. But, did you know that even the state of California advises keeping your smartphone away from your body? So, it follows that putting an Apple watch, with the same functionality of a smartphone, directly against your body, is not a smart thing to do because we are absorbing the absolute maximum amount of radiation.
We know that RF radiation exposure in the near-field drops nicely when we are around 8 to 10 inches away from our smartphones. So, if you're using an Apple Watch with Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity, your body is way too close a source of RF radiation and is being exposed to this man made electromagnetic radiation in an intense and direct way.
So What is EMF Radiation?
If you found this article chances are you're wondering, What's an EMF? EMF's are electric and magnetic fields that are invisible (but very real) energy and come from, or “radiate” from, sources of natural and man-made electricity.
In Physics EMF is defined as:a field of force that consists of both electric and magnetic components, resulting from the motion of an electric charge and containing a definite amount of electromagnetic energy.
Basically, if it has an electrical component, it has EMF associated with it or emanating from it.
Thunderstorms and the earth's magnetic field are examples of naturally occurring EMF.
The unnatural, man-made EMF comes from things like electric blankets, power lines, wiring, appliances, computers, everything wireless, including Bluetooth, Airpods, WiFi, Cell towers, smart meters, smartphones, any wireless item you have.
Just One More Environmental Toxin For Your Body To Deal With
That's how I like to define it: a tech toxin. So the same way I avoid non-organic food, plastics, toxic cleaning supplies and unfiltered drinking water, I avoid EMF so my body has the opportunity to thrive.
So many people are in LOVE with their Apple watch! I get it. The ease and connectivity are awesome; but Tech Wellness wonders if the risks may simply not be worth the convenience. Because of researching wireless radiation for many years now, I know the impact that significant exposure to EMF radiation can have on health and well-being. Scroll down for a deep dive on EMF and the potential risks including cancer.
Our Favorite Tips to Avoid EMF:
TECH WELLNESS TIP Never put your cell phone up to your head or use wireless headphones like AirPods! instead, texts, talk or speaker OR use my favorite anti-radiation airtube headphones. Important EMF protection starts with Anti-Radiation shielded wires, then continues to a hollow, clear air tube and completes with super-comfy earbuds. Toss those Airpods for the safer options!
TECH WELLNESS TIP Ditch the Wireless Watch As Much As You Can. Less is Best. If you're using it as Fitness Tracker, Try this One That Let's You Disable Bluetooth. We link to it in our Shop Section.
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR FAVORITE APPLE WATCH AND FITBIT ALTERNATIVE
TECH WELLNESS TIP Remember, we talked about reducing your overall exposure to EMF? Your smartphone is a major source of EMF in your life, because it's your most personal personal possession. It's rarely more than 10 feet away from most people. But you can beautifully reduce your exposure by carrying your smartphone in a Faraday bag. That prevents all RF radiation from getting out--and getting in. By the way, don't waste your money on so called- Anti Radiation or EMF Protection Cases and Anti-radiation chips. The FCC warns they're scams and I don't use or recommend them either. Try one of these options instead:
SAVE $15 And Get FREE SHIPPING! Use Code FARADAY.
TECH WELLNESS TIP It's important to limit your EMF exposure, especially while your body is recuperating while you sleep. An easy way to do this is by turning off the WiFi when you aren't using it. We love this handy WiFi Kill Switch that turn your WiFi off in one click from up to 100ft away.
Without the Apple Watch (and other wireless exposure) You May Feel Better. Here are commons symptoms of exposure:
- Chronic headaches
- Excessive fatigue
- Feeling stressed or "wired"
- Trouble sleeping through the night
- Tingling skin sensations
- Buzzing or static feeling in the brain
- Ringing ears
- Unexplained rashes or hives
- Body pain
- Weakened immunity
- Hormonal imbalances that don't respond to treatment
If you wear an Apple Watch or Fitbit and notice any of these symptoms, you may want to try an easy self-evaluation. Try going without wearing it and avoiding contact with other wireless devices. If you feel better or symptoms improve, you may want to consider re-thinking the inclusion of a wireless wearable in your daily routine.
If you do notice Fitbit radiation symptoms and you're interested in EMF protection or in getting a meter of your own, see the Body collection in our Tech Wellness store. We offer only items we actually use--and love.
Also, I'm really excited our team found a Fitness tracker with bluetooth that you can turn off. So you can track steps, heart rate, distance and more, without radiation! We think it's a great Fitbit alternative.
And what about serious diseases like cancer?
The Background On EMF Radiation & Cancer
I started looking into the “energy effect” over 25 years ago, simply trying to identify what I was feeling. At about the same time, major research on the topic was underway. To date, the Wireless Technology Research or WTR remains the most seminal work on the topic of adverse health effects and cell phone use.
The WTR was founded in 1993 by CTIA, and back then the acronym stood for US Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association, but now this trade organization just goes by CTIA and represents the U.S, wireless communications industry.
EMF Radiation and Cancer: Dr. George Carlo headed this research project which resulted in the findings of genetic damage to human blood; increased risk of brain neuroepithelial tumors in those who use cell phones on the side of the head where their tumors were found; increased risk of acoustic neuroma with increasing minutes of phone use. Other research around the world followed and then in 2011, the World Health Organization classified RF exposed as a Group 2B possible carcinogen. This was big news, in fact, I did a video recap of it back then to explain what that means:
I've been doing EMF measurement videos on cell phones and mobile phones since 2000 because I wanted to show people the "energy waves" that can't be seen, felt or touched. In many of the videos, I talk about my belief that the energy coming from this Smartphone or this Bluetooth speaker, negatively affects the energy of my body or that I feel this energy isn't interacting with my bodies energy in a good way.
Since were electrical in nature and we now know our brains respond to the fields of energy—we can make the connection between how man-made EMFs might possibly be messing with our bodies by interfering with our natural bio-electromagnetic functions.
Because Radio Frequency or RF energy power has come on strong in the last 35 years and is increasingly used in more areas of our life every single day, our main focus is reducing your exposure from wireless sources.
We advocate what’s referred to as the Precautionary Principle. Basically, this means that because there’s so much research saying the energy that powers our cellphones– RF radiation– could be causing health concerns-including tumors and cancer, then we ought to take care when using our cell phones - and all devices that emit RF-and use them mindfully.
- Known Health Effects. For years we've seen study after study showing how wireless energy can affect our health. I personally know it affects me—I get headaches, anxiety, and tingling. Research points to possible effects that range from infertility to cancer (in some cases and for some people). If you start digging into, you'll quickly find that the news is pretty scary--frankly, I don't like to think about it.
- Reported symptoms of exposure to wireless energy, provided by Dr. Ronald Powell : A study of 400+people, shows sleep disruption, headaches, ringing or buzzing in the ears, fatigue, loss of concentration as well as memory and learning ability, and dizziness and disorientation at the top of the symptom list.
Epidemiologist, Tech Wellness Expert and author, Dr. George Carlo has been studying this type of EMF- RF(radio frequency energy) for decades and he tells us, "The health effects aspect is complicated. There is now no doubt scientifically that radio waves carrying information trigger some type of biological response in almost everyone exposed. However, what happens after the triggering is variable. For some people, the triggering causes debilitating biological cascades that manifest as EHS, other symptoms and frankly, disease."
Millions of people rely on Wikipedia for every imaginable kind of information--but in the case of EHS-- Electromagnetic hypersensitivity (EHS) they are doing the people who have it a big dis-service. Here's what they claim: "it's a claimed sensitivity to electromagnetic fields to which negative symptoms are attributed. EHS has no scientific basis and is not a recognized medical diagnosis.
- Research Studies. Tech Wellness has curated and included hundreds of studies reporting biological effects from exposure to RF radiation. Here's one example: A European study from 2015 showed that heavy cellphone use for over ten years correlated to a double risk of brain cancer, and even more alarming, kids who begin using cell phones as teenagers had a four to five times higher chance of being diagnosed with brain cancer.
- How the Heck Did this Happen? How did we get to the point where cellphones are everywhere and wireless energy now blankets the world without doing all the research first? We should've known the potential hazards before putting the devices on the market.
- Our Public Policy and Science Expert, Dr. George Carlo explains how the cell phone industry was able to get this technology to market before it was properly tested. His book, Cellphones: Invisible Hazards in the Wireless Age details industry corruption and how research about health impacts has been suppressed for years.
So, when it comes to Wireless RF, is there a safe level?
- Tech Wellness is your trusted resource. Our research section is a good place to start if you’re really curious about what scientists are finding out about our beautiful bodies and wireless energy.
- Also, the makers of the Apple cellphones and watches we love to use actually do reference RF energy in their manuals. They even talk about a SAFE Distance from their products! Our research section has links to the iPhone 8, MacBook, Apple Watch And Samsung manuals. Here's a sample.
“During testing, Apple Watch radios are set to their highest transmission levels and placed in positions that simulate use against the head, with 10mm separation, and on the wrist with no separation. When placing the Apple Watch near your face, keep at least 10mm of separation to ensure exposure levels remain at or below the as-tested levels.”
Apple advises that the watch stay 1/2 an inch away from your face so levels don't go above the "tested" levels. Hmmmmm...
- Here's more of what Apple has to say from the Apple website:
- Apple Watch has been tested and meets applicable limits for radio frequency (RF) exposure. Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) refers to the rate at which the body absorbs RF energy. SAR limits depend on whether Apple Watch is used against the head or on the wrist. In some countries, the SAR limit is 1.6 watts per kilogram averaged over 1 gram of tissue for use against the head and 4.0 watts per kilogram averaged over 10 grams of tissue for use on the wrist. In other countries, the SAR limit is 2.0 watts per kilogram averaged over 10 grams of tissue for use against the head and 4.0 watts per kilogram averaged over 10 grams of tissue for use on the wrist. During testing, Apple Watch radios are set to their highest transmission levels and placed in positions that simulate use against the head, with 10 mm separation, and on the wrist, with no separation. When placing Apple Watch near your face, keep at least 10 mm of separation to ensure exposure levels remain at or below the as-tested levels. Although this device has been tested to determine SAR in each band of operation, not all bands are available in all areas. Bands are dependent on your service provider’s wireless networks.
- One of the largest European telecom providers put a warning in their recent manual for their WiFi router: "Avoid placing your Speedport router in immediate proximity to bedrooms, children's rooms, living rooms (means also common rooms or lounges) in order to keep the exposure to electromagnetic fields as low as possible."
- At Tech Wellness, we believe the least amount of exposure is the safest. For expert analysis of How Much RF Radiation exposure is too much-look here!
- Being EHS, I take good care of myself—but I need to be mindful of the power density level of the wireless RF energy and the amount of time I'm exposed because EMR is like a pollutant, allergen, or toxin to my body and I sometimes begin to feel symptoms.
- Are you sensitive to wireless energy? Dr. Carlo explains, "Some people are being adversely effected but don't know it because they confuse common symptoms like headaches, anxiety, being short-tempered, dizziness, sleep problems, weight-gain, and low energy with other things in life and don't connect it to wireless devices and the infrastructure. Still other people have developed adaptive responses so they are not functionally impaired at all. It's important for people to become informed so that they can figure out where they fit and then take steps accordingly."
- Like with any environmental assault, a healthy immune system helps. Dr. Carlo points out "It's not possible to eliminate all of the RF that is around us; it is always a race between damage and compensation. One thing that advances compensation is a healthy lifestyle and exercise."
DNA is the genetic material that makes us who we are and defines how our bodies operate. Mutations in DNA are believed to be an initial step in the creation of cancer cells in the body.
Another review of 16 studies done over a period of time concluded that risk of developing a brain tumor on the same side of the head as our typical cell phone use was increased nearly 2.5 times.
Yet another study conducted in Israel determined that cell phone users who were using their phone more than 20 hours a month had nearly double the chance of developing cancers in the salivary gland.
If you want to detect the RF wireless energy in your life, here's a simple easy meter to make sure you and your home are at safe levels. It's FUN, it's INTERESTING and it's very HELPFUL for avoiding it.
Tech Wellness only sell meters that are CALIBRATED, so you can be sure they are accurate!
Meters don't measure SAR, they measure the Power Density of the Radio Frequency Waves. SAR is the amount of energy (measured in heat) that the body absorbs.
What can you do about Apple Watch radiation? As we mentioned earlier, go ahead and try the symptom test. If you notice any of the RF radiation exposure sensitivity symptoms, please try removing the Apple Watch and see if that helps.
If you're concerned about the results of research studies on EMF exposure and health effects, avoid using the Apple Watch as much as possible.
I can tell you for certain that I would never wear an Apple Watch, a Fitbit or any other wearable.
How much emf is generated while in airplane mode. What would it compare to?
Hello! I am very concerned about the effects of RF on my body. I use an Apple Watch, an iPhone and wireless headphones a lot and now I have encountered a roadblock. Is there a maximum amount of time per day I could use the mentioned devices? Thanks for your time and effort.
All for going WIRED when possible,for security reasons possible EMF exposure
Saying that you went wired and have shooting pains up “one arm” sounds more like an orthopedic issue than an irradiation issue. One is endemic, the other – completely external.cite some sources… ANY SOURCES PLEASE.
I am sooooo tired of “experts” advising everyone to hardwire their EMF emitting devices. In 2002, I was exposed to EMF on my hardwired computer … it all began with that “pins and needles” sensation travelling up my arm … and the rest is history. I am extremely sensitive to EMF emitting devices, including hardwired devices. The point is this. Even hardwired devices do NOT protect you from EMF. No amount of toxic EMF is safe. Shielding is a double edged sword. Education. Demand Safe Tech. Sunlight. Structured Water. Barefoot. The Eden Method. Sound. Minimize blue light. Oxygenate (yoga). Discharge (POCA acupuncture). Forest Bathing (phytochemicals).
Wouldn’t putting the Apple watch in airplane mode solve the problem?